Have you attempted to increase the brightness level on your Acer Predator Helios 300, but the brightness on your screen does not change?
The brightness level can be at 100, but the screen is dim.
This guide has several fixes that may provide solutions when your Acer Predator Helios 300 screen is not bright enough.
The lack of sufficient brightness can be attributed to several problems. Figuring out the exact issue can be overwhelming.
This is why our guide provides several solutions to the problem. Try them; hopefully, one of these solutions will fix the brightness issue.
Among the common causes of low brightness include:
- Faulty display
- Advanced power setting restrictions
- Faulty Display Drivers
Try any of these fixes:
How long have you had the Acer Predator Helios 300? Is it several months or years? During this period, have you dropped it or damaged the display in any way?
If yes, this could be affecting the brightness of your laptop’s display.
A damaged display may struggle to try to adjust or increase brightness levels. Put the theory to test by connecting your Acer Predator Helios 300 to an external monitor.
If the external monitor has better or adjustable brightness, the issue is your screen.
Repairing or replacing your existing screen can fix the brightness issue.
Consider using other control options if the brightness control isn’t working on your Acer Helios Predator 300. This problem is often associated with bugs in Windows 10.
Tweaking the settings in the control panel will fix this issue.
Follow these steps to tweak the settings:
- Open the Control Panel
- Open Hardware and Sound
- Select Power Options
- Click on the option “Change plan settings” next to the selected plan
- Open “Advanced power settings”
- Scroll down to Display and hit expand
- Tweak the options available to reflect the settings you prefer
- Once done, select Apply then OK
- Restart your Acer Predator Helios 300
Consider updating the drivers if you’ve tried restarting your laptop, tweaking power settings, and reinstalling display drivers.
- Open Device Manager or Press Windows Key + R key simultaneously. Type devmgmt.MSc in the dialogue box and hit OK. This should open the Device Manager.
- Scroll down to Display Adapters
- Expand the category and right-click on your graphics card name
- Select Update Driver Software
- Select the first option for auto-download and update
If you prefer manual installs, visit the manufacturer’s website and download the latest graphics drivers. You’ll likely get customized drivers designed for the model of your Acer laptop.
If this doesn’t fix it, consider the option below.
Alternatively, roll back the updates, especially if the brightness issue began after a recent update. Your laptop could have a bug that’s affecting the brightness. Rolling back the graphics drivers might resolve it.
- Open Device Manager
- Scroll down to Display Adapters
- Expand the category and right-click on graphics card
- Select properties and open the “Drivers” tab
- Select Roll Back Drivers
- If this option is grayed out, proceed to the updating option
If your display is exhibiting problems such as dim display, black screen, frozen screen, or lagging keyboard and mouse inputs, consider restarting the graphics driver.
It’s a quick and easy remedy that might fix your display and brightness issues.
To restart the graphics drivers, you’ll need to use keyboard shortcuts. Press a combination of Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + B.
Your display will turn black and back to normal. This should fix your brightness issue.
If the issue persists, try updating Windows. This might fix the bugs in your current operating system; thus, restoring normal display function.
If all other fixes aren’t working, consider performing a hard reset.
- Unplug the power adapter
- Remove your Acer laptop’s battery and press the power button for 15 seconds to drain residual power
- Insert the battery
- Connect the power adapter
- Press the power button and select ‘Start Windows normally’
Try the fixes outlined above, and hopefully, one will remedy the brightness problem. If not, consider contacting the manufacturer for additional support.
Alternatively, you can replace the LCD inverter if it has low voltage. This could be affecting brightness even at 100%.
You Might Also Like
- How To Solve Acer Predator Helios 300 Predator Sense Not Launching
- How To Solve An Acer Predator Helios 300 CPU Fan Not Working
- How To Solve Acer Predator Helios 300 Not Sleeping
- How To Solve Acer Predator Helios 300 Not Turning On
- How To Acer Predator Helios 300 Keyboard Light Not Working
- How To Solve Not Getting Good Speed on Wifi Acer Predator Helios 300