Many people have reported their Acer Predator Helios 300 keyboard not working. Either some keys become unresponsive, or the entire keyboard stops working.
This issue can be quite annoying since it prevents you from using the laptop normally.
Unless you are okay with using an on-screen keyboard, try the following fixes:
How To Fix Acer Predator Keyboard Not Working Issues
Reboot Your System
Before you try other fixes, do a complete system reboot by following these steps:
- Press and hold the power button until the laptop turns off
- Detach all the connections and external devices
- Perform a power reset by inserting a pin or paperclip into the pinhole and pressing for 5 seconds
- Let the laptop sit for 5 minutes
- Connect the charger and turn on your laptop
Now check whether your keyboard issues have been fixed. If not, try the next method
Disable Filter Keys
Filter keys settings can prevent your Acer Predator Helios 300 keyboard from working. As such, you need to disable filter keys by following these steps:
- Click Start and Select the “Settings” icon
- Locate “Ease of Access” and click on it
- Tap on the “Keyboard” option located in the left pane
- Scroll down to the Use Filter Keys and change it to “OFF.”
Confirm whether the keyboard is now working after turning off filter keys. If that fails, try the next method
Reinstall Keyboard Driver
- Open Device Manager.
- Double click on Keyboards to expand it.
- Right-click on the keyboard of your choice and choose the “Uninstall device” option.
- Wait for the uninstallation to complete and restart your PC.
- The keyboard driver should get installed automatically once the system gets restarted.
Try using your keyboard to check if the keys are working or not.
Run The Troubleshooter
- Open the Start Menu & go to the Settings option.
- Click the “Update & Security” option & select the “Troubleshoot” option on the left pane.
- Look for the “Additional Troubleshooters” option and click it.
- A new window will open. Now locate the “Keyboard” option and click on it to expand.
- Click on the “Run The Troubleshooter” toggle that appears.
Allow the troubleshooter to run and fix any errors it will find. Ensure you are connected to the internet when running the troubleshooter.
If your Acer Predator Helios 300 keyboard is still not working, it might be having hardware issues. Here is how to sort them out
Replace Your Acer Predator Helios 300 Keyboard Ribbon
A defective keyboard ribbon could cause some keys or the entire keyboard not to work.
If that’s the case, you’ll have to get a ribbon cable replacement and a retainer clip repair to some extent.
Unfortunately, these repairs or replacements should be left to a certified technician.
Get A Keyboard Replacement
If a technician can’t get your keyboard to work again, you might need a replacement. Of course, this will only happen if your current keyboard is faulty.
The methods we’ve provided should solve your Acer Predator Helios 300 keyboard not working issue. You could also take the laptop to the nearest Acer Center for repairs.
- How To Fix USB Headset Not Working on Acer Predator Helios 300
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Power Button Not Working
- How To Fix External Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows 10 Acer Predator Helios 300
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 WiFi Not Working
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Sound Not Working
- How To Solve Acer Predator Helios 300 Not Sleeping
- How To Solve Acer Predator Helios 300 Not Turning On
- How To Solve Acer Predator Helios 300 Not Charging
- How To Acer Predator Helios 300 Keyboard Light Not Working
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Camera Not Working
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 2nd Hard Drive Not Showing Up
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Touchpad Not Working? [Solved]