An Acer Helios Predator 300 whose battery is not working can impede your work. It means you can not use the laptop unless it’s plugged in.
So, what would be the reason behind your battery not working or being detected? Well, you are in luck as this article will discuss the causes and offer solutions to the problems.
Causes Of Acer Predator Helios 300 Battery Not Working
Here are some of the reasons why your Acer Predator Helios 300 battery is not working:
The laptop is not detecting the battery
Your laptop might fail to detect the battery if the battery connector socket pin or connector plug is defective.
The battery drivers are outdated
If your Predator Helios 300 Battery is not charging, high chances are your battery drivers are outdated or incompatible.
The battery is faulty
If you have an old battery, it is highly likely to stop working at some point. Faulty batteries will hardly keep a charge, and sometimes they won’t even charge.
There is a broken internal charging circuitry
Your Acer Predator Helios 300 battery not working could be due to damaged internal charging circuitry. In this case, the wires that lead from the charging port to the battery might be broken.
Bad power cord
If you have a faulty power cord, your laptop won’t charge. You might assume that your battery is not working only to realize that the charger was the problem.
How To Fix An Acer Predator 300 Battery Not Charging
Sometimes your battery will fail to work because it’s flat. In that case, plug in your laptop and leave it to charge for 15 minutes before attempting to turn it on. Other fixes you should try before attempting the techniques below are
- Update windows
- Restart your laptop
- Run the power troubleshooter
- Perform a power cycle and remove the battery
Reset the BIOS defaults
- Attempt an Acer Predator Helios 300 battery calibration
Here are the best techniques to fix an Acer Predator Helios 300 battery not charging or working:
Predator Helios 300 Battery Reset
Performing a Predator Helios 300 battery should solve the problem if your hardware is okay.
How Do You Reset An Acer predator Helios 300 Battery?
Well, how you reset the battery depends on your laptop’s model. Here is a guide on how to go about it:
- Unplug the charger
- Check if your laptop model has a battery reset pinhole at the bottom
- If it has, insert a small pin in the battery reset pinhole
- Press and hold the pin for about 5 second
- Allow the laptop to sit for five or so minutes with no power
- Now Connect the charger back and power on your laptop
If your Predator Helios 300 does not have a battery reset pinhole, repeat the above procedure but this time, press the power button for at least 30 seconds.
Update The Battery Driver
- Hold the Windows key and hit the letter X.
- Choose the device manager option.
- Double click the “Batteries” option to expand it
- Right-click on every option under the title batteries, including“Microsoft AC Adapter” and “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery,” and choose update driver.
- Choose “search automatically.”
- Now restart your laptop after the updates have been installed
Uninstall The Battery Drivers
If updating your battery driver fails to work, try uninstalling the battery drivers by following these steps:
- Go to device manager
- Double click the batteries option to expand it
- Right-click the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and choose “Uninstall driver.”
- Confirm that you want to uninstall
- Restart your computer so that Windows can automatically install the driver again
Now check whether your battery is charging or has resumed normal operation.
Take The Laptop To A Technician
If you can’t get your battery working again, take your laptop to a technician.
The problem could be hardware-related, and technicians are best suited to fix them.
Maybe some wires are damaged, or the battery connector plug is defective.
The technician should also tell you whether you need to replace the battery or AC power adapter.
There you go! Those are some ways to fix an Acer Predator Helios 300 Battery Not Working! You should also be open to replacing the battery if it turns out to be faulty.