As an Acer Predator Helios 300 user, you rely on the built-in camera to hold video calls.
So, if your Acer Predator Helios 300 camera is not working, things will be difficult for you. We’ve compiled some solutions that should help you fix the problem.
Why Isn’t My Acer Predator Helios 300 Camera Not Working?
Laptop cameras will fail to work due to corrupt drivers or out-of-date drivers. However, if the drivers are okay, the problem could be incorrect software configuration.
Alternatively, your integrated webcam could be damaged, or its wiring might be having an issue.
Some users also report problems after windows updates. So don’t be surprised if your webcam fails to work after a windows 10 or 11 update.
How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Camera Not Working Windows 10
Try these methods from top to bottom as you might not know where the solution lies:
Update Camera Driver
If your webcam stops working after installing a new version of Windows 10, there’s a likelihood you have compatibility issues. You have to update the camera driver by following these steps:
- Right click the Windows logo and select Device Manager
- Double click on Imaging Devices to expand it
- Right click on the name of your camera and choose Update Driver.
- Choose how you want to search for drivers and follow the instructions to the end
Restart your laptop and test if the camera is working.
Roll Back Webcam Driver
If your camera was working well before updating Windows 10, you could fix the issue by restoring and rolling the camera diver back to the previous version.
- Open Device Manager by searching it on Windows Search Box and clicking it
- Expand the Imaging Devices category and right click on the camera
- Click the Properties option
- Click the Driver tab and hit the Roll Back Driver button
- Check the box beside “My apps don’t work with this driver” and click “Yes.”
- Restart your laptop to restore the older version of the webcam driver, and your camera should start working again.
Change The Camera Privacy Settings
Sometimes you can’t access the camera from various apps because of the camera privacy settings. Granting access to these apps should do the trick. Here is how to do it:
- Press windows key + I to open Settings
- Click on Privacy and then choose Camera
- Click the Change button under the Allow access to the camera on this device and toggle it to ON
- Ensure that the Allow apps to access your camera is set to ON
- Go ahead and choose which Microsoft store apps can access your camera
- Now the camera should be accessible from all the apps you want
Reset The Laptop
If the problem persists, you might have to reset your computer. Follow these steps when resetting your Predator Helios 300:
- Click Start menu icon on the taskbar.
- Click on Power button, press and hold the Shift key and click on Restart.
- Hold the Shift key during the restarting process until you are alerted to choose an option.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Select Reset this PC
- Choose Keep my files.
Hope resetting your computer should get the camera working.
Get An Acer Predator Helios 300 Camera Replacement From Acer Center
All the above methods should solve any software issue that’s preventing your camera from working.
However, if they all fail, there is a likelihood that your laptop has hardware issues.
You’ll have to return your laptop to an Acer Center near you. The technicians will examine the problem and replace your camera if the warranty is still valid.
If the warranty is over, you’ll have to pay for the repairs and replacements.