Acer Predator Helios 300 comes with a backlit keyboard to help you work in low-light environments.
Unfortunately, an Acer Predator Helios 300 keyboard light not working is quite a common phenomenon.
If you are facing the same problem, this post is for you. So, read on to find the solutions.
How Do I Turn On The Keyboard Light On My Acer Predator Helios 300?
Acer Predator Helios 300 does not have a dedicated button to turn on the keyboard light.
You have to use the Fn + F10 key to increase the keyboard’s brightness. You can also reduce the brightness by clicking Fn + F9.
Fixes For Gaming Laptop Keyboard Not Lighting Up Acer Predator Helios 300
If the Fn + F10 function fails to activate the light on your keyboard, try the following options:
Run Keyboard Troubleshooter
- Right-click on The Start icon and select Settings
- In the settings windows, click on Update & Security
- Click Troubleshoot on the left pane menu.
- Click additional troubleshooters on the right pane.
- Under Find and fix other problems, Click Keyboard.
- Click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Wait for the troubleshooter to detect the issues and follow any instructions given.
Update Keyboard Drivers
Missing, corrupt, or outdated keyboard drivers can interfere with the lighting system. Ensure you update them by following these steps:
- Go to Device Manager.
- Expand the Keyboards category.
- Right-click your keyboard name and choose Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers and proceed to the next step.
- You can also choose Browse my computer for divers if you have the latest drivers downloaded to your computer.
Reset the BIOS to Default Settings
Customizing your BIOS settings can also interfere with the keyboard’s backlit function. In that case, you’ll need to reset the BIOS settings to factory default settings.
- Shut down your laptop and power back it on while pressing the F2 key to access the BIOS Setup utility.
- Press the F9 key to load the factory default settings
- A message will appear, prompting you to continue with the operation. Click OK, then press Enter.
- Press the F10 key to save changes and exit the BIOS Setup utility
Your laptop should restart with the keyboard lighting working perfectly.
Get An Acer Predator Helios 300 Keyboard Replacement
A loose keyboard backlight cable can also cause the problem. Your technician should fix it without necessarily having to replace the keyboard.
These solutions should get your keyboard light working again. However, if your Predator Helios 300 keyboard is not working altogether, check out our article on how to fix it.