Working with an Acer Predator Helios 300 whose sound is not working can be frustrating. You can’t enjoy gaming or watching videos.
So, how do you get the speakers on a Predator Helios 300 to work? Keep reading to find the solution to your problem.
Why Has The Sound Stopped Working On My Acer Laptop?
In most cases, your Predator Helios 300 speakers not working can be attributed to the following issues:
- Bad Drivers: corrupt or out-of-date drivers can prevent your laptop speakers from working. Reinstalling or updating them should fix the problems.
- Bad hardware: Sometimes, your speakers may have been damaged or become disconnected.
- Sound settings: You’ve probably muted the speakers.
- Speaker configuration: If you haven’t set your speakers as the default device, they won’t work.
How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Audio Not Working Problem
Try the following methods to sort sound problems on your predator Helios 300:
Before trying other fixes, run windows troubleshooter to find and fix sound issues automatically.
- Press Windows key + I to open settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click Troubleshoot from the left pane.
- Click on Play Audio and hit the Run the troubleshooter button.
- The troubleshooter should look for errors and give you suggestions. Sometimes it will fix the errors automatically!
Reinstall Acer Predator Helios 300 Audio Driver
Assuming that your audio driver has problems or is outdated, you’ll have to update it. Follow the steps below:
- Download the current Realtek audio drivers from the Acer support site and extract the zip file to the desktop.
- Head to Device Manager and expand Sound, video, and game controller.
- Right click Realtek audio and choose Update driver.
- Select Browse my computer on the new window.
- Browse to desktop and update the driver.
- You might also want to download and install Audio Console driver.
Unistall Audio drivers
Unistalling audio drivers seem to work for most Predator Helios 300 users. Here is how to do it:
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand the Sound, video and game controllers option.
- Right click on your sound card’s name and choose Uninstall device.
- Ensure the Delete the driver software for this device box is ticked. Now click Uninstall to confirm.
- Now Shut Down your laptop and turn it on. (Do not use the Restart option).
The sound should be restored after bootup.
Restart Audio Services
- Click Windows key and search services.
- Click on services to open the service manager.
- Scroll to locate the following services:
- Remote Procedure Call
- Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
- Windows Audio
- Right click each service and choose Restart.
Set Speakers As The Default Device
- Right click on the “Sound” icon on your taskbar and click Sounds.
- Click the Playback tab, and the list of speakers will appear.
- Choose the speakers you want and click Set Default.
- Click OK to save changes.
If you can’t find the speaker you want, they are probably disabled.
- While still on the Playback tab, right-click any space and ensure the “Show Disabled Devices” is checked.
- ● The device should now show up. Right-click on it and select Enable.
- Now set it as the default device and click OK.
Consider Professional Repair
If none of these methods works, you are probably dealing with a hardware issue. As such, you need to take your Predator Helios 300 to an Acer center.
The issue could be a loose connection on the motherboard or damaged speakers. A professional technician should fix your sound problem for a small fee.
NB: Don’t attempt to open or repair your Acer Predator laptop if the warranty is still active.
We hope these fixes have helped restore sound to your laptop. If not, contact Acer Support and let them know about the issue.
- How To Fix USB Headset Not Working on Acer Predator Helios 300
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Power Button Not Working
- How To Fix External Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows 10 Acer Predator Helios 300
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 WiFi Not Working
- How To Solve Acer Predator Helios 300 Not Sleeping
- How To Solve Acer Predator Helios 300 Not Turning On
- How To Solve Acer Predator Helios 300 Not Charging
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Keyboard Not Working
- How To Acer Predator Helios 300 Keyboard Light Not Working
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Camera Not Working
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 2nd Hard Drive Not Showing Up
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Touchpad Not Working? [Solved]