Battery not charging is an infamous issue among Acer Predator Helios 300 users.
So, how do you solve the issue, especially if the laptop is registering the power cable but not charging (plugged in, not charging.)
Worry not! This article will give you quick fixes to solve an Acer Predator Helios 300 not charging problem.
Why Does My Acer Predator Helios 300 Laptop Keep Plugged In Not Charging?
Your laptop could be plugged in but not charging due to one of the following issues:
- Outdated or Faulty Drivers.
- High resource usage.
- Faulty charger or charging port.
- Problems with laptop settings.
- Breaks, shorts, or burnouts.
- Faulty battery.
You cannot know what’s causing your laptop not to charge until you try the following solutions:
How To Solve Acer Predator Helios 300 Battery Not Charging
Here are proven methods that should help you troubleshoot your Predator Helios 300 charging problems:
Update Your Battery Drivers
Your battery will fail to charge if you are using outdated drivers. Problems may also arise if you are using the wrong drivers.
So, while updating your drivers, ensure you use drivers meant for an Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop. Here is how to do it manually.
- Head to the Official Acer Drivers & Manuals page.
- Enter your laptop’s information (Model number, SNID number, or serial number should do.)
- Hit the Find button to navigate to the product page.
- Locate the “Drivers” option and expand it.
- Download the latest battery drivers and extract them to a specific folder.
If the Acer website doesn’t have the drivers, head to Microsoft Update Catalog and search Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. Download the latest version and extract them to a specific folder. Now proceed with the following steps.
- Open Device manager and Expand Batteries category.
- Right-click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and choose Update Driver.
- Select “Browse my computer for drivers.”
- Hit the Browse button and select the folder you extracted your drivers to.
- Follow the instructions to complete installing the updates.
- Restart your Predator Helios and check whether it’s charging.
Reset The Battery
Resetting a Predator Helios battery should drain any static charge left in the system.
- Turn off your laptop and unplug the charger
- Open the back cover and disconnect the internal battery.
- Hold the power button for 20 seconds.
- If your Predator Helios 300 has a pinhole reset button, insert a paperclip to press and hold for 5 seconds.
- Connect the battery and plug back the charger.
- Turn on your PC and confirm if it’s charging.
Update Your Bios
Updating your BIOS to the latest version can help solve Acer Predator Helios 300 Not charging issues. However, you have to be careful with the update as it might mess up your laptop. Follow these steps:
- Go to Acer Drivers and Manuals webpage.
- Enter your device information and click the Find button.
- Specify your Operating System and expand the BIOS/Firmware category.
- Check the latest BIOS version and download it.
- Unzip the downloaded file and run the exe file inside.
NB: Before you run the exe file, ensure that you’ve done the following things:
- Disable your Anti-virus software.
- Disconnect any peripherals.
- Don’t run any software.
- Don’t interrupt the power source during the update.
If you can’t do a BIOS update correctly, have it done by a professional to avoid ruining your laptop.
If none of these fixes works, there is a likelihood that you have hardware issues.
Probably your battery is dead, the charger is faulty, or the charging port is damaged.
A professional technician should recognize the problem and fix it.
Other Fixes For Acer Predator Helios 300 Charger Not Working
- Switch to a different power socket.
- Ensure your AC adapter is securely plugged in.
- Remove any dust or debris from the charging port.
- Remove and reconnect the battery.
Yan Acer Predator Helios 300 not charging problem is mainly caused by software issues. Unless it’s a hardware problem.
You won’t need to purchase a new charger, battery, or charging port. All in all, the solutions provided above should help you fix the issue.
- How To Fix USB Headset Not Working on Acer Predator Helios 300
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Power Button Not Working
- How To Fix External Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows 10 Acer Predator Helios 300
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 WiFi Not Working
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Sound Not Working
- How To Solve Acer Predator Helios 300 Not Sleeping
- How To Solve Acer Predator Helios 300 Not Turning On
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Keyboard Not Working
- How To Acer Predator Helios 300 Keyboard Light Not Working
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Camera Not Working
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 2nd Hard Drive Not Showing Up
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Touchpad Not Working? [Solved]