Have you ever attempted to start your laptop or PC only to encounter a blue screen with the error message,
“IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL?” Don’t worry; this error is common, especially if you were running a high-performance app or game on your Acer Predator Helios 300.
This guide has listed the causes and solutions to driver IRQL not less or equal Acer Predator Helios 300.
Why Is My Acer Predator Helios 300 Displaying the Error “Driver Irql Not Less Or Equal Acer Predator Helios 300”
This error is associated with problems such as:
- Corrupt drivers
- Faulty hardware
- Faulty drivers with bugs
- Corrupt system files
- Downgraded Windows
- Interference from antivirus software
- Faulty memory
- Suspicious apps
Before attempting any of the solutions detailed below, consider unplugging all external devices from your laptop and restarting it.
If the error makes it harder to access your Acer laptop, boot it in safe mode. This should give you time to fix the errors without the frustrating restarts.
Try the following solutions:
Uninstall or Update Display Drivers
Corrupt or outdated display drivers are notorious for BSOD errors, such as driver IRQL not less or equal on Windows. Fix this by:
- Open search box and type Device Manager
- Open Device Manager
- Scroll to Display Drivers, expand, select the driver, and right-click on it
- Select uninstall driver and follow the instructions listed
- Once done, restart your laptop
- Windows will detect the missing display drivers and install the latest update
- Open Device Manager
- Scroll to Display Drivers and right-click on the driver
- Select update drivers and follow the instructions listed
- Choose the first option for automatic updates
- Restart your laptop after the updates are complete
Disable Antivirus Software
Antivirus programs can affect Windows runtime leading to the driver IRQL not less or equal error. Disabling these antivirus programs may resolve the error.
This error can also occur when running several antivirus programs simultaneously. They’ll likely conflict; thus, affecting system stability.
Check Your Memory
If your Acer Predator Helios 300 RAM is malfunctioning, it can affect your pc leading to driver IRQL not less or equal errors. Be sure to scan your Acer laptop for memory issues.
- Type Window memory diagnostic in the search box
- Select the best match
- Open the app and select the restart now option
- It will scan your laptop’s memory for any issues while booting
Repair Your Registry
Check if your laptop has corrupt files by:
- Open search box and type cmd
- Right-click command prompt and run as administrator
- Type sfc /scannow and press enter
- Windows will scan protected system files
- Once complete, Windows will replace any corrupted files with cached copies
Don’t close the window until the scan is complete and it has displayed the results.
If your Acer Predator Helios 300 is primarily used as a gaming laptop, you can expect this error to pop up due to an incorrectly seated RAM.
Consider opening your laptop and checking if the RAM is correctly seated in position. If not, reset it and check if you’re still getting the error.
- Shutdown your laptop
- Unplug the power adapter
- Remove the battery
- Open the back panels
- Unseat the RAM
- Clean the dust
- Reset your RAM
Ensure that the RAM snaps back into place before closing the back panel.
Uninstall Suspicious Apps
If the error occurred after installing a certain app, consider uninstalling the app.
The program could be affecting your operating system; thus, causing driver IRQL not less or equal error on your Acer Predator Helios 300.
It could be antimalware software, browser, or even VPN service.
Remove these recent apps by accessing settings> apps & features and sort by install date. Click uninstall and reboot your laptop.
Restore Previous Windows Version or Perform a Clean Install
If you’ve downgraded your Windows from 10 to 8 or 7, you could be experiencing the error due to conflict between the old and new systems.
You can attempt to restore the old version. If you prefer your new Windows 8 or 7, back up your files and perform a clean install.
This is the last option if all others fail. A clean install will eliminate conflicting issues or replace system files properly.