VR not connecting isn’t an unfamiliar issue. Most VR users have encountered this issue, and the remedies are often different.
Those who’ve encountered this issue claim that it can take hours to fix it, and others never fix it at all.
This article seeks to provide ways to fix your Acer Predator Helios 300 VR not connecting problem.
VR connection problems are attributed to issues such as:
- Faulty USB port connection
- Old Oculus software
- Faulty/outdated drivers
- Problems with your quest
As mentioned earlier, these remedies aren’t one-size-fits-all. Some remedies might resolve your connectivity issues, and others might not. Attempt these fixes to check if they’ll resolve your problem:
If it’s faulty, get another one from Oculus or 3rd party manufacturers. Ideally, you should use a high-quality cable to reduce signal degradation.
It should be about 10-15 feet long. The extra length allows for a more comfortable experience and walking room. Once that’s settled, confirm if the USB cable is functioning by connecting it to another PC.
When did you last update your Oculus app and quest 2 software? You can’t guarantee a smooth user experience without connectivity issues if you’re using old versions of Oculus software.
Start by confirming that your Oculus app is updated. If it’s not, check the Oculus support page for updates.
The Oculus Quest 2 can automatically update itself if provided that it’s powered on, connected to wifi, and not in use. You can also trigger the automatic update by:
- Ensure that the Oculus Quest 2 is fully charged
- Leave it powered on
- Confirm that it’s connected to your wifi connection
- Don’t use it. Instead, leave it on a table or flat surface for a few hours. This will allow it to trigger the automatic updates provided that the inside sensor isn’t blocked.
Once both your Oculus app and Quest 2 are updated, check if your Acer Predator Helios 300 VR is connecting successfully.
Does your Acer Predator Helios 300 have the latest drivers? If not, it could be impairing your VR connection.
Your Acer laptop should have the latest drivers provided it’s connected to the internet. These updates fix any bugs that could be affecting your VR connection.
Use any of these three methods to update your drivers:
Manually update the drivers by accessing the Device Manager.
- Open Device Manager
- Select USB and graphics driver-category or any other drivers you want to update
- Right-click on each category and select update
- Select Search automatically for drivers
- If there are new drivers, Windows will automatically update. If not, click close and try method two.
Alternatively, you can:
- Open Windows Settings
- Click on Update & Security
- Select Windows Update and View optional updates
- Scroll to Drivers updates and expand
- If there is an new update available you can select download, and install
Occasionally, updates take longer to arrive from the manufacturer to Microsoft. You can check for new updates by visiting the manufacturer’s website.
If there are new drivers for your Acer Predator Helios 300, be sure to download and install them.
If all other alternatives aren’t resolving your connectivity issues, consider factory resetting your Quest. This option is only ideal if you’ve exhausted all other fixes because it’ll wipe out your data.
Your Quest will be almost as good as brand new with no account data, games, game saves, video clips, etc.
Before you perform the factory reset, allow your Quest time to sync your photos, videos, etc., with your online account. You can also transfer data to your Acer Predator using a USB-C cable.
Once complete, open the Oculus app on your smartphone and follow these steps:
- Tap menu button
- Select devices
- Scroll to the Quest headset you intend to reset and tap on advanced settings
- Scroll down to factory reset and select
- A pop-up asking if you sure will appear. Select reset and give it time.
Hopefully, these remedies have fixed your Acer Predator Helios 300 VR not connecting problem.
You Might Also Like
- How To Solve Not Getting Good Speed on Wifi Acer Predator Helios 300
- How To Solve Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal on Acer Predator Helios 300
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Default Gateway Not Available
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 RTX Graphics Card Not Working
- How To Solve Acer Predator Helios 300 Predator Sense Not Launching
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Power Button Not Working