Acer Predator Helios 300 power button not working seems quite common, and people can’t seem to find a quick fix.
Unlike most laptop brands, the Predator Helios 300 has a power button built into the keyboard.
So, how do you fix such a power button, considering that it’s not an independent button?
How To Fix An Acer Predator Helios 300 Power Button Not Working
Predator Helios 300 Power Reset
A power reset should help you drain any electricity clog that might be preventing the power button from working. Here is how to do it on the Predator Helios 300:
- Unplug the laptop charger
- Flip your laptop and locate a small hole on the backside
- Insert a pin inside the hole and press it for 30 seconds
- Leave the laptop for around 30 minutes
- Connect the charger and try pressing the power button
If the power button turns on the laptop, you’ve solved the issue.
Reseat Your Battery & RAM
Your laptop won’t turn on if your battery has a loose connection. As such, you need to ensure that the battery is well connected. Just open the screws on the cover and reconnect the internal battery. While at it, unplug the RAM stick and plug it back. Return the screws and attempt to power the laptop back on.
Change Power Button Settings
- Press Windows key + S and type Power settings
- Select Power & Sleep settings from the best matching result
- Click Additional power settings
- Click Choose what the power button does from the left pane menu
- Set When I press the power button to Shut down or any other options you want
- Click on Save changes
Change Acer Quick Access Settings
The Acer Quick Access settings can override your power button settings. You should consider uninstalling Acer Quick Access or adjusting the settings to match your power button settings. Follow these steps:
- Press Windows key + S and type Acer Quick Access
- Open the Acer Quick Access app from the results
- Click on the Settings option that’s beside Power Button
- Specify what the power button should do from the given options
Take The Laptop For Repairs
A problem on the motherboard can cause an Acer Predator Helios 300 power button not to work. You need to get it checked out by a technician before you think of replacing the keyboard.
A short circuit on the motherboard can cause the laptop not to turn on. The technician should repair any hardware issues preventing the power button from working.
Get A Keyboard Replacement
Sometimes, the power button not working issue comes from a faulty keyboard.
Probably the power button is not sitting right, or the entire keyboard is defective.
In that case, you’ll have to purchase a new keyboard and have it installed by a professional.
We hope the above information will help fix the Predator Helios 300 power button not working issue. If your laptop still has a warranty, take it to an Acer service center for repairs or replacement.