Most video game enthusiasts rely on headsets to communicate with their teammates conveniently and improve their gaming experience.
Unfortunately, USB headsets can malfunction and interfere with your gaming experience.
So, if you are experiencing an Acer Predator Helios 300 headset not working problem, try the following fixes:
How To Fix An USB Headset Not Working Acer Predator Helios 300
One of the following solutions should help solve your USB headset problems:
Check USB Headphone Hardware
Before attempting other solutions, ensure that the USB headset is not broken or incorrectly configured. Here is how to check the USB headphone hardware is working well:
- Restart your PC and then re-plug the headset
- Plug your USB headset into a different USB port
- Test your headset on a different laptop to confirm they are working
If you still can’t get any sound from your USB headset, try the following fixes:
Run the Troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices
If you are running Windows 10, you should attempt fixing the USB headset issue by running the troubleshooter.
- Right-click On the Start Menu and select Windows Powershell (Admin)
- Open the Troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices by typing msdt.exe –id DeviceDiagnostic then hit Enter.
- Select Hardware and Devices, then click Next.
- Wait for the troubleshooter to scan and detect any problems with your USB headset and follow the instructions.
Set Your USB Headset As Default Device
- Right-click on the Speaker/Headphone icon on the taskbar and select Sound
- Click the Playback tab
- Select your headset, then click Set Default. Click OK
Now check if your headset is working.
Update Your Audio Driver
Your USB headset not working problem can be caused by missing, corrupted or outdated audio drivers. You can update your audio driver manually or via the Device Manager.
Here is how to do it using the Device manager
- Launch the Run dialog box by pressing Windows Key + R.
- Type devmgmt.msc then click OK.
- Device Manager will open. Now expand the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers category.
- Right-click on your USB headset and choose Update Driver
- Choose the Search automatically for updated driver software option while connected to the internet.
Sometimes the above option won’t work. Therefore, you’ll have to use the manual method below:
- Go to the Acer Support Website and select your device by specifying the Series and Model Number.
- You’ll be directed to the Drivers and Manuals page. Expand the contents of Drivers and download your Audio Driver.
- Extract the audio driver to desktop.
- Open Device Manager and expand the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers contents.
- Right-click on the USB headset and choose Update Driver.
- Select the Browse my computer for drivers option.
- Hit the Browse button and select desktop.
- Click next and follow the instructions.
Switch to OEM HD Audio Drivers
If none of the above fixes work, get rid of the Realtek Audio Drivers and switch to Windows OEM HD audio drivers instead. Here is how you can do it:
- Go to Device Manager and expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
- Right-click on the Realtek audio driver and choose Update driver.
- Select Browse my computer for drivers and choose the Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Uncheck the Show compatible hardware box.
- Click Microsoft from the list and choose OEM High Definition Audio Device.
- Click Next and select Yes once an Update Driver Warning message appears.
Doing so will install the OEM High Definition Audio Device drivers. Reboot your laptop and check whether the USB headset is working.
These solutions have worked for most Acer Predator Helios 300 users who have issues with their USB headsets.
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Power Button Not Working
- How To Fix External Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows 10 Acer Predator Helios 300
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 WiFi Not Working
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Sound Not Working
- How To Solve Acer Predator Helios 300 Not Sleeping
- How To Solve Acer Predator Helios 300 Not Turning On
- How To Solve Acer Predator Helios 300 Not Charging
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Keyboard Not Working
- How To Acer Predator Helios 300 Keyboard Light Not Working
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Camera Not Working
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 2nd Hard Drive Not Showing Up
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 Touchpad Not Working? [Solved]