Nothing is as frustrating as getting the error “Default gateway not available” when attempting to set up your internet connection to work on a school, work, or personal project.
It often means that you have a faulty connection, misconfiguration, etc.
Continue reading to find solutions to your Acer Predator Helios 300 default gateway not available.
Before you get started on the listed fixes, consider rebooting your devices. Some have mentioned a reboot has fixed the default gateway not available error. If this trick doesn’t fix it, try:
Consider using the network troubleshooter if you’ve tried rebooting your laptop and router with no success.
The troubleshooter will diagnose your Acer Predator Helios 300, figure out the problems, and fix them.
- Press Windows Key + X simultaneously
- Open settings
- Open Network & Internet
- Scroll to Advanced network settings and click on network troubleshooter
- Select Ethernet, wifi, or all network adapters and hit next
- The troubleshooter will begin diagnosing your laptop and fix any network errors it finds
- Restart your laptop
Some have suggested that uninstalling McAfee programs can fix the error.
Those who’ve tried this trick claim that the McAfee antivirus programs interfere with the internet connection resulting in the ‘default gateway not available’ error.
Attempt this option after you’ve tried the other remedies discussed above.
- Open Settings app
- Scroll to apps and click on it
- Allow the applications to load. This might take a whole if your Acer Predator Helios 300 has many apps
- Search McAfee
- Uninstall all McAfee products on your laptop
- Alternatively, use an uninstaller to ensure that you uninstall and delete all McAfee files. Once complete, restart your Acer Predator Helios 300 and test the connection.
Consider using Netsh commands to reset TCP stacks. Performing this reset can resolve Acer Predator Helios 300 default gateway not available.
- Start by opening the command prompt on Windows. Press Windows key + R key simultaneously and type cmd
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to run Windows command prompt as administrator
- Type “netsh int ip reset”
- Select enter. allow your laptop to finish processing
- Once complete, reset your Acer laptop and test the connection
If this fix doesn’t help, try the remedy below.
Using outdated network adapter drivers to connect to the internet can raise connection issues. Updating the drivers should fix these issues. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Open Device Manager. Press Windows Key. Type device manager in the search box. Select the best match
- Scroll down to network adapters and expand
- Select the network adapters and right-click
- Select update driver software and click search automatically. Alternatively, you can download the network adapter drivers from Acer’s website. This allows you to select the second option, which is locate and update the drivers manually
- Complete the updates and restart your laptop
Alternatively, you can uninstall the drivers and let Windows figure out the rest. The system should detect the missing files and install them automatically.
Follow these steps:
- Open Device Manager by typing it on the search box
- Scroll to Network adapters, select one and right-click
- Select uninstall
- Once complete, reboot your laptop
Your Acer Predator Helios 300 should detect the missing adapters during reboot and reinstall them.
Typically, this process takes a while; thus, give your laptop several minutes to figure out that it’s missing important drivers and begin the installation process.
Afterward, test if your Acer laptop can connect to the internet with the frustrating’ default gateway not available’ error reappearing.
If you’ve installed the new routers that support 5Ghz frequencies, consider changing it to 2.4Ghz. This is the frequency that’s typically supported by most laptops.
Therefore, changing the frequency from an automatic value to a set value can resolve the default gateway error.
To accomplish this, check the brand of your router and search online how to access advanced wifi settings.
You can use the app for some, especially if you have Xfinity routers. Alternatively, you can use the admin tool.
Default gateway errors are frustrating; fortunately, most of the fixes outlined above are easy to execute. Hopefully, these fixes will resolve your default gateway error.
You Might Also Like
- How To Fix An Acer Predator Helios 300 Ethernet Not Working
- How To Solve Not Getting Good Speed on Wifi Acer Predator Helios 300
- How To Solve Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal on Acer Predator Helios 300
- How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 WiFi Not Working
- HP Omen vs Acer Predator Helios 300: Which is Better?
- How To Solve Acer Predator Helios 300 Not Turning On