144Hz monitors are the real deal when it comes to gaming.
Unfortunately, most people can’t set their monitors to 144Hz. As such, they are stuck with the default refresh rate of 60Hz.
So, how do you set your monitor to run at 144Hz? Well, this article will guide you on how to go about it and cover any questions you may have.
Why Is Your 144Hz Monitor Not Showing 144Hz?
Having a 144Hz monitor does not necessarily mean it will show 144Hz. You have to set the monitor to show 144Hz since most of them will come with a default setting of 60Hz.
Other reasons for your monitor not showing 144Hz are:
- Out of date drivers
- Your monitor is connected via a VGA port
- You are not playing a 144 FPS content
- You are using the wrong cables
Should I Set My Monitor to 144Hz?
If you have a 144Hz monitor, you should set it to run at the highest refresh rate. Setting your monitor to 144Hz allows you to have an enjoyable and responsive gaming experience.
Besides, there is no fun in gaming with 60Hz.
How Do I Set My Monitor To 144Hz?
Follow these steps when setting your monitor to 144Hz:
How To Set Monitor To 144Hz Windows 10
- Open Your “Windows Settings” and click the “System” Option.
- Click the “Display” option and select the “Advanced Display Settings.”
- Now head towards the “Display Adapter Settings.”
- Click the “Display Adapter Properties For Display,” and it should open a new window.
- On the new window, click on the “Monitor” tab and choose a 144 Hertz screen refresh rate from the dropdown menu.
- Click “OK” to effect the changes.
How To Set Monitor To 144Hz Windows 7/8
- Right-click a blank space on your desktop window and click “screen resolution.”
- Click on the “Advanced Settings” option and then click on the “Monitor” tab.
- Under monitor settings, select the 144Hz refresh rate option from the dropdown menu.
- Click “OK,” and you’ll be good to go!
How To Set Monitor To 144Hz NVIDIA
- Right-click on a space on the desktop window and click on the “NVIDIA Control Panel.”
- Click on the “Change Resolution” Under the “Display” Option
- Next to the Resolution window, there’s a Refresh Rate drop-down menu. Choose the monitor that you want to adjust the refresh rate.
- You should see the desired refresh rate option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the 144Hz option and click “OK.”
You might not see higher refresh rates if you don’t have the right cable.
How To Set Monitor To 144Hz On AMD Control Panel
Here is how to enable 144Hz on an AMD graphics card
- Right-click on your desktop and select “Display Settings”.
- Scroll down and click “Display adapter properties”.
- Click on the “Monitor” tab
- Click on the drop-down menu under Screen Refresh Rate and choose 144Hz
- Click “Apply” and close the window to exit
Remember to select the correct monitor if you have more than one.