How much RAM do you need for Roblox? And how do allocate more RAM to Roblox if it’s not enough?
In this article, we let you know the RAM system requirements and how to increase the amount of RAM Roblox can use.
Does Roblox Use A Lot Of RAM?
No. According to the system requirements for Roblox.
The game needs at least 1GB RAM to run. Laptops, PCs, MacBooks, and iMacs have at least 8GB RAM.
This exceeds the minimum RAM needed for playing Roblox and won’t have a problem running Roblox.
How Much RAM Does Roblox Use?
Roblox uses at least 1GB RAM when running. The amount of RAM used changes depending on the gameplay and can go up to 4GB RAM. Below are the system requirements for smooth gameplay in Roblox:
- Graphics Card: On PC/Windows, the Roblox application requires DirectX 10 or higher feature level support. For the best performance, we recommend either a computer less than 5 years old with a dedicated video card or a laptop less than 3 years old with an integrated video card.
- Processor: Roblox recommends you have a recent processor (2005+) with a clock speed of 1.6 GHz or better. There have been some issues with older AMD processors.
- RAM or Memory: Roblox recommends you have at least 1 GB of memory on Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
- Storage Space: Roblox recommends you have at least 20 Mb of system storage space to install Roblox.
Is 8GB RAM Good For Roblox?
Yes, 8GB RAM is good for Roblox.
Is 12GB RAM Good For Roblox?
Yes, 12GB RAM is good for Roblox.
Why Is Roblox So Laggy?
Most devices have sufficient RAM to run Roblox. The problem might be your CPU, GPU, or internet connection.
Please check if your CPU has at least 1.6GHz and multi-core. Intel Core i5 or higher is recommended and AMD Ryzen 5 or higher.
For GPUs, dedicated GPUs are recommended. Run Roblox with your dedicated GPU by visiting the NVIDIA control panel or AMD Radeon Centre where you can manually add the game.
Laptops or PCs with integrated GPUs older than 3 years might not be able to run Roblox smoothly. You either need to reduce the graphic settings, buy an eGPU, or a new laptop.
A bad internet connection can cause Roblox to lag. CPU, GPU, and RAM might meet the system requirements but a bad internet connection causes lagging.
A minimum of 4-8 Mb/s internet connection is recommended.
Check the internet connection and ensure that it’s fast and stable.
How To Allocate More RAM To Roblox
Here are four ways to allocate more RAM to Roblox.
- Open task manager by hitting CTRL + ALT + DELETE.
- Click the Details tab.
- Look for the Roblox application program in the Details tab.
- Right click > Set Priority > High.
Close Unnecessary Applications
Running applications consume RAM and quitting them frees up RAM. Always close unnecessary applications before running Roblox to free up more RAM for the game.
Increase The Virtual Memory of Your Laptop or PC
Our in-depth guide shows how to increase RAM without upgrading.
Game Booster and Razer Cortex
Roblox needs at least 1GB of RAM to run smoothly. A decent GPU, CPU, good internet connection and at least 8GB RAM meet Roblox system requirements. This is enough to run the game smoothly.