A power supply board failure is the most frequent reason a television screen goes out of service. However, there are other potential causes as well. In addition to a T-Con board, a television may include one or more power supply boards and several other internal parts.
There may be a potential solution hidden in that pitch-black screen on your Vizio TV if it has just started to exhibit the black screen of death for no apparent reason. Here are a few solutions for the black screen of death on Vizio TVs.
1. Make Sure The Circuit Is Complete By First Checking All Of The TV’s Power Connections
Attempt shutting the TV off and disconnecting it before turning it back on. When you are ready to switch it back on, please wait for a while. Proceed to the following steps if it doesn’t turn on.
2. On Your Remote, Try Pressing The Menu Button
A menu on the TV indicates that the device is functional. If any linked devices have a problem in this scenario, make sure to unplug all unnecessary gadgets. If not, you must speak with Vizio Support.
3. Vizio TV Soft Reset
A minute after unplugging your TV, plug it back in. Given that it’s straightforward but efficient, you’ve seen this method in a few videos. Even if we are aware that it is easy, it frequently works.
4. Verify If The TV Is Still Playing Sound
Switch it on, attempt to select a station that will undoubtedly play music, and make sure the volume is high. There is power if you can hear the sound, albeit it is insufficient.
5. If The Sound Is Also Absent, You Must Use A Flashlight To Focus On The LCD Or LED Screen While It Is Active To See If It Is Functioning
We may have inverter board problems if you see graphics on the screen after turning on the light. The backlight inverter board regulates the TV’s lighting system, which creates the visuals you see.
6. Unplug Any Unnecessary Devices
To see if they were the source of the issue, unplug any other plugged-in devices from your Vizio TV. A power strip is not necessary; instead, plug your TV directly into the wall. The TV might not get enough power to turn on due to several power strip connections.
7. Restart Your Television’s Power Source
It is a quick remedy for any software issues your TV may have faced, despite being less successful.
- Switch off the TV.
- Remove the TV plug from the wall.
- For five seconds, press and hold the TV’s “Power” button.
- Replug the television.
- Restart the television.
8. Unmute The TV
If you’re using an audio streaming service like Spotify and don’t want the screen to disturb you, certain VIZIO TVs offer a “Mute Screen” option that enables you to turn the screen off. Hold down the mute button on your remote for three to five seconds to turn this on or off this function.
9. Examine The Cables
To start, inspect all the cords connected to the back of the television. This will resolve the issue with any external sources (if the problem was caused by them). Remove all cords and then reconnect them properly.
Make sure that you utilize high-quality HDMI cables. If the black screen continues and you can see the menu selections after pressing the remote button, you must unplug all external resources and reconnect them. It will resolve any temporary difficulties that may have arisen in those devices. Ensure your wires aren’t dirty or dusty, since this can severely hamper the connection and perhaps cause the black screen. To clean the HDMI socket, get a can of compressed air and blast it into it. Furthermore, you may apply a contact cleaner to the HDMI connector, which will clean the contacts in the HDMI socket.
10. Power Board Replacement
Replacing the complete power board may be challenging for users; the procedures and model number of the board may change from television to television. However, it is a straightforward solution that anyone with minimum expertise may perform at home. So, let’s get started on repairing the Vizio TV’s black screen of death.
- Place the TV face down on a table that has been prepared.
- Remove all of the back screws using the screwdriver.
- Locate all of the fuses on your Vizio TV. The majority of people have five.
- If you discover a blown fuse, replace it with a new one. A blown fuse, rather than a power board, is sometimes the source of the problem.
- Locate and disconnect any cables related to the power board.
- Remove all the screws keeping the power board in place and remove the old board.
- Insert the replacement power board and carefully screw it in place.
- All of the connections and wires should be connected to the new board.
- Replace and secure the rear cover of the television.
- Connect your Vizio TV to see whether the correction was successful.
11. Consult With Experts
If you purchased a warranty for the TV, you should visit the Vizio website to seek warranty support and the problem investigated. You may still get the TV serviced without a warranty, but you should shop to get the best deal. You can also contact VIZIO customer service.
Below are FAQS on Vizio TV hardware issues.
12. The Screen On My Vizio TV Is Blinking
A flickering screen on your Vizio TV is usually the consequence of a poorly connected cable, resulting in a poor TV signal.
- Examine the connections to your Vizio TV to resolve this.
- Examine the socket for any loose plugs that do not fit correctly.
- Unplug them, then reconnect them to see if the problem persists.
- If the problem persists, you may need to replace the wires.
TVs, like smartphones and computers, are prone to unpredictable behavior if you use too much storage. This lengthy storage may cause the screen to blink hence try emptying the memory. You may accomplish this by turning off and disconnecting the television. Then, before turning on the TV, push the power button for 30 seconds. Then check to see whether the screen is still blinking.
13. My Vizio TV Has A Cracked Screen
A TV with a cracked screen (or other physical damage) will require professional repair. Modern flat-screen televisions, like previous CRT televisions, are not intended for owners to repair. A damaged screen repair is costly if not covered by a warranty. The screen is the most expensive component of contemporary television.
14. My Vizio TV Has Sound But No Pictures
If the screen is blank but you can hear the sound, the power supply board may be faulty. Connect your television to a different power source and see if it solves the problem. You might be dealing with a backlight malfunction or a faulty TV panel. Check that all connection wires are well connected and that your sleep timer is off.
15. There Is No Sound On My Vizio TV Set
The images on the Vizio TV are clear, but the audio is missing. At this time, try the following troubleshooting steps.
- You unintentionally set the Vizio TV to silent mode. If this is the case, pressing the mute button on the Vizio TV remote switches off the mode and increases the volume.
- Connect the external speakers and double-check the connection.
- Most importantly, disconnect any headphones that are attached to the TV.
- If nothing works for you, there might be a problem with the antenna’s signal. The low power of the antenna will result in no sound sent to the television.
16. I Keep Hearing An Echo From My Vizio TV Speaker
If you’re experiencing an echo, you most likely have a separate sound system, such as a soundbar or surround sound system, and the volume is set to play via both your external sound system and your TV speakers. You DO NOT want to have the sound playing via your TV speakers if you have a separate sound system, since it will always result in an echo, and you bought the separate sound system because it sounds so much better than your TV speakers. You should deactivate, mute, or dial down the level on your TV speakers and solely utilize your external sound system. This should get rid of the echo.
17. Vizio TV Is Not Correctly Displaying 4K Or Other High Resolutions
There are two issues here. To begin with, if your new TV appears too bright and vibrant, with blurred details, the shop probably set it to a Vivid setting. Vivid mode is designed for in-store display. You should preferably reset it to Movie/Cinema (or Game if you’re playing games). Another difficulty is that your AV receiver or anything else between the source and the TV must be HDMI 2.0a – else it will simply not accept many types of 4K.
18. My Vizio TV Screen keeps Freezing When Streaming
If your device is continuously stalling when streaming multimedia, then verify your internet connection. If it doesn’t work, try logging out of your service and back in. When logged in to most services, you are able to stream content.