Having a Vizio TV that shows pink pictures can be quite annoying. You might even think your TV has a problem.
While that is a possibility, chances are high that the issue lies in the HDMI connection or the device broadcasting the picture.
Luckily, we’ve got a few tricks to help you solve the Vizio TV pink screen problem.
How To Solve Pink Screen On Vizio TV
Here is how to fix a pink or purple screen on a Vizio TV:
Power Cycle Your TV
Power cycling your Vizio TV should solve the pink hue problem. Here is how to do it:
- Turn off your TV and unplug the power cord
- Hold the power button on your TV for at least 5 seconds
- Plug the power cord back in and turn on the TV
Some models will also allow you to perform a soft power cycle from the menu. You just need to press the menu button on the remote, select System > Reset & Admin > Soft Power Cycle.
Check Your Connection
A bad connection will always cause the pink screen problem. So, if power cycling your TV fails to work, check all your TV connections. If possible, disconnect everything and do it afresh.
Change The Picture Mode
Changing the picture mode can also helo solve the pink screen problem. Here is how to do it:
- Press Menu button on your remote
- Choose Picture from the menu
- Select the Picture Mode option
- Now toggle between different picture modes as you confirm whether the pink screen has disappeared
Reset The TV To Factory Defaults
If none of the above methods work, consider resetting your television.
- Start by pressing the Menu button and choose System
- Select Reset & Admin
- Choose Reset to Factory Settings
If you don’t find the Reset to Factory Settings option, try checking under the Help section instead of System.
Contact Vizio Support
Your last option should be to contact a Vizio support agent. But before you do so, ensure that you’ve ruled out problems with your cable box, HDMI cable, and other devices.
Vizio should solve the issue or offer to replace your TV as long as the warranty is active.
Solving a Vizio TV Pink screen is quite easy when you use the methods we’ve discussed above.