As we all know, trackpads are for navigation throughout the operating system. This makes the user experience more friendly and uncomplicated.
If your Acer Predator Helios 300 touchpad is not working, then this article is for you. There are a definite number of ways whereby one’s trackpad would not function.
Driver incompatibility could cause a touchpad to malfunction. By re-installing the driver, you could get your trackpad to function as intended.
Another way is to go to Acer Support page, and download the necessary drivers such as serial I/O to ensure you’re solving the problem the right way.
Keyboards usually malfunction when they’ve been in use for long periods. And this is no different for gaming laptops.
But concerning the Acer Predator Helios 300, there’s a hardware button that could be used to activate and de-activate the touchpad.
2 Ways on How To Fix Acer Predator Helios 300 TouchPad Not Working
How Do I Enable The Helios 300 Touchpad?
Below are the steps to follow to enable the touchpad.
- Press Fn + F7
- A message would appear on your screen whether it’s enabled and vice versa.
Replacing your touchpad. You would need a toolkit, a fibre cloth, and a safe place to put your removed screws.
- Shutdown Laptop.
- Turn laptop upside down and place on fibre cloth.
- Remove 11 screws in clockwise manner.
- Disconnect the battery from the motherboard and remove, since the touchpad is beneath it.
- Open screws and disconnect touchpad cord.
- Replace with new touchpad and re-assemble your Helios 300.
- Boot laptop and test.
That’s it on how to fix acer predator Helios 300 touchpad.
You Might Also Like