Do you want to cast your laptop on your Vizio TV but don’t know what to do? Worry not because we have all the answers we are looking for. Our article will focus on helping you achieve such a connection hence saving you any stress or inconvenience. Note that casting content on television offers you a better watching experience, allowing you to enjoy your favorite movies and shows. However, before we help you cast your laptop’s screen on your Vizio TV, let’s look at some of the benefits you stand to get.
Benefits Of Casting Your Laptop To A TV
Here are some of the advantages of connecting your laptop to a television:
1. Better Viewing Experience
Watching your favorite show on a larger screen is better than using your laptop’s screen. You get a greater viewing angle and don’t have to strain or strategically position yourself. This is one of the reasons why you should learn how to cast your laptop’s screen on your Vizio TV.
2. Extra Comfort
It’s much more comfortable to watch a movie or show on a bigger screen than on a laptop. This is the type of comfort you need, especially when you have a friend over or are organizing a movie night. Worry not because we will show you different ways to do that.
3. Better Streaming
It is easier to stream on your laptop than on television, especially if you have a weaker internet connection. Using your TV as a secondary display may therefore save you from a few streaming issues.
It is evident that casting your screen on your TV comes with several advantages that you should experience. Let’s help you make the best out of your laptop and Vizio TV.
Connecting Your Laptop To A VISIO TV
You can either wirelessly cast your laptop screen’s content to your TV or through physical mediums such as HDMI. Let’s discover the different ways.
1. Step-By-Step Guide To Connecting Your Laptop To Your VIZIO TV Via Chromecast
One of the best ways of casting your laptop’s screen to your TV wirelessly is via Chromecast. This is a Google chrome application that lets you watch different shows and online content on a much bigger screen without breaking a sweat. Here is a step-to-step guide if you have never used this option before:
- Install Google Chrome on your laptop if you don’t have it and ensure you get the latest version.
- Make sure your laptop and VIZIO TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Note that it’s impossible to attain the connection you need if your devices are not on the same Wi-Fi.
- Open the Chrome browser and locate the three dots in the top right corner. Clicking on them will reveal a drop-down menu.
- Choose the cast option on the drop-down menu. It will reveal a list of devices you can connect to.
- Pick the cast desktop option and connect to your Vizio TV.
Your laptop screen’s content will be immediately displayed on your TV if this connection succeeds.
2. Step-By-Step Guide To Casting Your Laptop’s Display Using Miracast
You can use several applications to connect your laptop to your VIZIO TV wirelessly. Miracast is a wireless method that helps you use your Vizio TV as a display, allowing you to enjoy the greatest shows and movies from a bigger screen.
However, note that this requires the last Windows versions, i.e., Windows 8.1- 11. Alternatively, you can purchase Miracast adapters, which are available online. Once you connect your Miracast adapter to the laptop, here are the steps to follow:
- Navigate to the lower right corner of your laptop and select the devices
- Select a project from the options that come up and then click on add wireless display
- Choose where to watch your program. You can use both devices or display them on your Vizio TV.
3. Step-By-Step Guide To Casting Your Laptop’s Screen To A VIZIO TV Through A Wireless HDMI
A wireless HDMI allows you to cast your laptop’s screen on your Vizio TV without cables. You can enjoy increased power and transmitting speeds without worrying about technical connections. However, note that this method requires you to get a wireless HDMI kit with a transmitter and receiver for your laptop and smart TV simultaneously. Here is what to do once you have it:
- Use your laptop’s USB port to connect the transmitter to your device.
- Find your Vizio’s TV USB port and connect the receiver to begin streaming
- Select the project and then add the wireless display feature
4. Step-By-Step Guide To Casting Your Laptop To A VIZIO Mart TV Via Plex
If you don’t have or like to use the Chromecast application, Plex will come in handy. You can install this media server software on your laptop to enjoy your favorite shows and movies. However, note that you cannot use the app to mirror your screen directly, but you’ll get different entertainment features and a casing option.
It’s also worth noting that you need a premium Plex pass subscription to access advanced features such as offline storage and live recording. Anyway, here is what to do once you have the application:
- Download and install the Plex application on your VIZIO smart TV. Newer models have a V button on the remote that should help you install whichever app you need.
- Create an account with the Plex app by registering your information. Logging into the account will allow you access to all the Plex content you need.
5. Step-By-Step Guide To Casting Your Laptop’s Screen On A VIZIO Smart TV Via Steam Link
This is one of the best options for gamers who want to cast their games to a bigger screen, such as a VIZIO TV. Steam Link allows you to enjoy your favorite games by giving you the full experience. However, note that you will need a steam link device to achieve such a connection. Here are the steps to follow:
- Run the Steam app on your laptop and input your login details
- Connect your device to the Vizio Smart TV
- Pair the TV with your gaming laptop
- Connect your controller to your steam link device’s USB port and play.
Remember, this method mostly serves gamers and will not work for you as a light or regular user.
These are some proven ways to display your laptop’s screen on a Vizio television. You can try all of them and pick one that works for you. Even though we have mostly looked at the wireless options, note that there other means, such as HDMI, that use cable technology.
1. How Can I Connect My Apple Laptop To A VIZIO TV?
MacBooks have a different operating system than most laptop brands, which explains why most people may struggle to navigate them. Once you have your Apple Laptop and TV on the same WiFi network, follow these steps:
- Click on the app you would like to stream from, such as YouTube or Netflix
- Locate your laptop’s Airplay button and click it. This will reveal several options.
- Choose your VIZIO TV from the long lists of available displays
2. Can I Connect My Smartphone To A VIZIO TV?
Connecting your laptop to a VIZIO TV is possible if you follow the right steps. Several smartphones have the ‘smart view’ option, which makes such a connection successful. Just navigate to the smart view tab to access the list of all available devices. Pick Vizio smart TV and enjoy your favorite shows and movies.
However, note that the steps required to make such a connection vary from one phone brand to the other. All in all, this is usually made possible by SmartCast which offers you complete control over your smart TV. You may look up some YouTube tutorials to find what works for you.
3. What Options Do I Have To Display My Laptop’s Screen Content On My Smart TV?
Connecting your laptop to the smart TV is an excellent way to enjoy different content. You can achieve this by using cables or wirelessly. We have discussed several wireless means such as Miracast, Chromecast, and wireless HDMI. For cables, use HDMI to forge such a connection, and you will be good to go.
4. Can I Connect My Laptop To A VIZIO Tv Using An HDMI Cable?
Yes. VIZIO televisions have HDMI ports that you can use to bridge a connection with your laptop. You won’t take more than three minutes since you must plug one end of the HDMI cable into your laptop and the other into your TV to cast your screen on a much bigger display.
5. Does My VIZIO TV Come With An In-Built Chromecast?
Yes. All VIZIO smart televisions have an inbuilt Chromecast technology you can use to mirror your laptop’s screen. It also allows you to connect to your laptop, smartphone, and Chromebook. You can enjoy uninterrupted casting and mirrors without any additional applications. One of the reasons why VIZIO enjoys such a wide customer base is that it was the first television brand to include Google Chromecast in its build.