World of Warcraft is notorious for its lack of mouse acceleration options. For those who play MMOs, mouse acceleration is a big deal. It’s essentially how your mouse interacts with the game.
Mouse acceleration can make mouse movement in a game feel more natural and less like you’re playing a simulator.
Unfortunately, without acceleration, movement in World of Warcraft can feel essentially like playing a computer game.
It’s a bit too slow and it can feel a bit like you’re playing a simulator instead of an MMO. Thankfully, there is a way to fix World of Warcraft mouse acceleration.
This guide will show you all of the steps you need to take to get your World of Warcraft mouse acceleration back to normal.
How to Solve WoW Mouse Acceleration Issues
First, you’ll want to make sure that your World of Warcraft is up-to-date. This can be done by following the guide on this page.
Once you’re up-to-date, you will want to open your game launcher and then click the options button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
Click on the tab labeled “Mouse” and then go down to the “Acceleration” option and select 100 percent.
Now that your acceleration is set back up to normal, you’ll need to open your WoW library. Head into your main menu and then go into “Settings/Preferences” in order to access your World of Warcraft settings.
In there, find the line for “Mouse Acceleration” and change it from 0 percent to 100 percent as well.
Follow these steps to turn off mouse acceleration in Windows 11:
- Hit the Win key and enter Bluetooth and devices.
- Click on Bluetooth and Devices in left plane.
- Scroll down and click on mouse.
- Under Related Settings, click Additional mouse settings.
- Select the Pointer options tab and uncheck the “enhance pointer precision”
- Mouse acceleration has been disabled.
What to Do If the Mouse Stops Working?
If your mouse stops working, it could be due to a number of different things. It might be an issue with your mouse drivers or with the game itself. But you should also try some troubleshooting steps to make sure that the problem doesn’t lie in your PC.
- First, make sure that the mouse is plugged in properly and correctly. If it isn’t plugged into your PC, the computer won’t know what kind of device you have connected.
- Next, try unplugging and re-plugging in the mouse. This may have fixed any hardware issues or helped clear up any confusion as to what kind of device is being plugged into which port on your computer.
- Check if your mouse drivers are up-to-date.
- Check the mouse settings in WoW
The Best Mouse for World of Warcraft
The best mouse for World of Warcraft is a gaming mouse that has both acceleration and a DPI of 1000 or higher. You’ll have the smoothest movement possible in World of Warcraft if you have a gaming mouse with these two features.
Summary: How To Fix WoW Mouse Acceleration
Mouse acceleration can make or break your gameplay. Fortunately, this won’t be a problem anymore for you.
You Might Also Like