Today’s games require lots of RAM. You need RAM to store textures, models, and animations. You also need RAM to run AI scripts, render cut scenes, load level geometry, and so on.
If your CPU and GPU are decent. Your RAM might be the remaining component for good gaming performance. Here’s how to allocate more ram to a game.
Will The Games Run Faster By Allocating More RAM Memory?
It depends. If your PC or laptop has a decent enough GPU and CPU. But not enough RAM, increasing the amount of allocating more memory to the game will make it run faster.
But, if it meets the recommended system requirements i.e., CPU, GPU, and RAM. Allocating more RAM memory will not make it run faster. Only upgrading the CPU and GPU will make it run faster.
Moreover, 8 – 16GB is the recommended amount of RAM for most games.
How Do I Manually Allocate More RAM?
Here are 4 ways to allocate more RAM to a game.
Increasing the amount of RAM your computer has will also increase the amount allocated to it. More RAM makes it easier for games to RAM smoothly.
Upgrade your RAM to bigger sizes and more will be allocated when running the game.
Do It Through Task Manager
- Open task manager by hitting CTRL + ALT + DELETE.
- Click the Details tab.
- Look for the game application program in the Details tab.
- Right click > Set Priority > High.
Set Priority To High
Close Unnecessary Applications
Running applications consume RAM and quitting them frees up RAM. Always close unnecessary applications before running a game to free up more RAM for the game.
Increase Virtual Memory of Your PC or Laptop
Our in-depth guide shows how to increase RAM without upgrading.
Summary: How To Allocate More RAM to a Game
RAM is the next important component that affects the performance of a game after CPU and GPU. Allocating more RAM to a game can make it run faster. But upgrading the CPU and GPU has the biggest effect on gaming performance.
You Might Also Like
- How To Allocate More RAM To Steam Games
- 4 Ways On How To Allocate More RAM To The Forest
- How To Allocate More RAM To Genshin Impact
- 4 Ways On How To Allocate More RAM To Rust
- How To Allocate More RAM To Star Citizen
- How To Allocate More RAM To Stardew Valley
- How To Allocate More RAM To Roblox
- CL16 Vs CL18 RAM: Which Is Better?
- 3200 MHz Vs 4000 MHz RAM: Which Is Better?
- 3200 Mhz CL16 Vs 3600 Mhz CL18 RAM: Which Is Better?