Roblox is one of the few games that doesn’t have steep system requirements.
A cheap laptop or Chromebook is more than enough to handle the game. If you are planning to get any of the devices especially a Chromebook.
You will wonder – can I play Roblox on Chromebook? The short answer is yes, you can. But there are certain requirements just before doing so. Read to find out what they are.
Is Chromebook Good For Roblox?
Your Chromebook has to meet the system requirements for Roblox before being considered for Roblox. Here are the system requirements below:
- Chrome OS: Chrome OS version 53 or above is required, and you must first enable Google Play Store on your device.
- Graphics Card: On PC/Windows, the Roblox application requires DirectX 10 or higher feature level support. For the best performance, we recommend either a computer less than 5 years old with a dedicated video card or a laptop less than 3 years old with an integrated video card.
- Processor: Roblox recommends you have a recent processor (2005+) with a clock speed of 1.6 GHz or better. There have been some issues with older AMD processors.
- RAM or Memory: Roblox recommends you have at least 1 GB of memory on Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
- Storage Space: Roblox recommends you have at least 20 Mb of system storage space to install Roblox.
Once your Chromebook meets the system requirements above. It can be considered suitable for playing Roblox.
Why Is Roblox Not Working On My Chromebook?
There might be a few reasons why you aren’t able to play Roblox on your Chromebook. Here are the major ones:
- Your Chromebook doesn’t meet the Roblox system requirements.
- Your Chromebook doesn’t have access to the Google Play Store making it impossible to install Roblox.
- Something when wrong when trying to install Roblox on a Linux Chromebook
- Your ChromeOS is not up-to-date.
- You are trying to play Roblox on a school Chromebook that has restricted access to the internet.
Troubleshoot these causes and you might find out the problem.
How Do I Get Roblox To Work On My Chromebook?
To get Roblox to work on your Chromebook follow the steps below:
- Check if your Chromebook meets the system requirements of Roblox.
- Check if your Chromebook has access to the Google Play store and has been enabled.
- Install Roblox on your Chromebook by searching for it on the Google Play Store.
- Roblox will work on your Chromebook now.
How Do You Install Roblox On A School Chromebook?
Some schools allow you to install Roblox easily. But others have restrictions that stop you from doing so.
If your school has restrictions on the Chromebook. One way of bypassing that is accessing a VPN (Virtual Private Network). There are free and paid ones requiring an account registered with them or not.
That’s the only difference in steps when installing Roblox on a restricted Chromebook compared to an unrestricted one.
Here are the next steps to follow:
- Go to Google Play Store on the Chromebook.
- Search for Roblox.
- Install Roblox
As easy as that, you can now play Roblox on a school Chromebook. However, most Chromebooks don’t support Google Play Store and you have to check their compatibility here.
Why Is Roblox Slow on Chromebook?
There might be several reasons why Roblox is slow on Chromebook. Here are a few listed below:
- Your Chromebook doesn’t meet the hardware system requirements for Roblox. This makes it difficult for the Chromebook to run Roblox smoothly since it doesn’t have the required performance.
- You are playing Roblox on high graphic settings. The higher the graphic settings of a game the more hardware resources it needs to run smoothly. Reduce the graphic settings and Roblox won’t be slow anymore.
- You have background apps running. Close the background apps to free up hardware resources for Roblox to run smoothly.